Monday, July 2, 2012

I heard a strange noise this morning (and as we are still acclimating to our new home there are a lot of "strange" noises); it sounded like a hissing snake, and it further sounded like it was coming from behind the love seat in our den. Kinda spooky, right? So I investigated, and found no snake. What I did find was the sprinkler system was on in our back yard, and was the source of the hissing sound. There was a bit of water on the deck, and the sun was just coming up. I turned off the sprinklers, and almost immediately the waters disappeared in the light of the hot morning sun. I sat down to read my morning devotions, and these words greeted me: When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long.4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. 5 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. (Psalm 32) I too often have felt this way: my strength gone, evaporated like water on a hot sunny day. Lord, you know my sins; I can no longer hide them or pretend they are not there. Forgive me; remove my guilt, and make me clean. Renew my strength, that I might follow You today. Amen.

No comments: